Thank you Irina @ChocolateTeaTime for the nomination!
11 Random Facts about me
1. I am the Queen of the Klutz’s
(Excuse the horrific pickmonkey skills)
I am genetically klutzy. From walking into poles while on the street to tripping up the stairs I am the ultimate klutz. I think the most klutziest thing I did was I searched a good 30 minutes to find my keys when they were in my car all along.
2. I really really hate having celiac disease. It sucks. I miss eating bread. Good doughy bread. I miss pizza. I know they have a lot of gluten free stuff on the market but it doesnt taste the same.
3. I am 100% Greek. I went to greek school for 5 years and I speak the language at home. Instead of joining brownies I did Greek school. lol
I wore the boubounella costumes for Greek holidays, recited Greek Poems, and got yelled at a lot in Greek School for talking with other people.
Here is a classic picture of a bouboulina/fanella coustume. Bouboulina is what the women wear and fanella is what the men were (I have a picture of me somewhere where I am dressed up in full costume but I can’t find it)
Men typically wear white pleated skirts. He is so sexy right?
I obviously had a wad of curly brown hair and was a little pudgy when I wore this costume. I went to the Greek Parade in Chicago and participated in it. HELLAS!
4. I am a political nerd. I have always loved being informed about the daily news ever since I was a kid. I remember in high school I was the kid who got excited when I had an issue of the New York Times in my backpack. A.P. Government was such a blast that I got a B+ in it. I love watching CSPAN when I am doing nothing. I usually watch Morning Joe in the morning while I am getting ready for the day. Ultimately I like learning about international politics more than american politics. When I drive into school I always listen to NPR. The West Wing is my favorite show and Scandal.
5. I have always been an old sole type of person. My mom and aunt refer me to an old sole. Here are some definitions of an old soul.
“Those undergoing the fifth and final stage of reincarnation are known as old souls. In this stage of soul evolvement there is a search for balance and completion, and an urge to pass on the torch before the end of reincarnation.”
“An “old soul” might be defined as a young person with insights, intuitions, or sensitivities beyond his or her years. How might we explain this? Reincarnation? A special access to the collective unconscious? Perhaps rapid childhood development, and genetic influences?”
6. Glen Hansard is my favorite artist. He combines folks, blues, and rock all in one. His musical talent is out of this world.
My Favorite Songs by him are:
7. I am obssesed with coffee. I love coffee. Without coffee I would be nothing. No joke. My favorite type of coffee is strong and bold. I like coffee when its so bitter that it makes you start growing chest hair. No joke. I rarely put cream in my coffee if at all. It takes away from the flavor of coffee. I am a bit of a coffee snob. Intelligentsia is my favorite coffee and I think its better than Starbucks. *The SHOCK AND HORROR*
8. I never enjoyed high school. It was stupid. The end of that story.
9. Reading the economist brings me joy in life (among other things)
10. If calories never existed I would live on a diet consistently of these four foods: peanut butter, dark chocolate, cheese and coffee. Enough said.
11. I secretly wish I was French. The culture, the food, the history and did I mention the men are so gorgeous?
Gaspard Ulliel est très beau.
Questions from Irina:
1.) What is the worst kitchen disaster you’ve ever had?
Hmmm. I think I over baked a batch of gluten free cookies and my house started to smell like burnt cookies.
2.) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Tough question. Probably Eva.
3.) What’s your favorite store to shop at?
H&M, Zara, Topshop (on sale),
4.) What would you do if you won the lottery and had unlimited money?
I would donate it to charity. Specifically to the Multiple Sclerosis society and the Generalized Anxiety Disorder asscociation. I would also buy EVERYTHING DESIGNER! I would buy Marc Jacobs, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Christian Lacroix,Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Louboutin Shoes, and Hermes scarves. I would also buy a penthouse in new york and get an audi convertible I would also get lots of massages, facials, and nail treatments .
Come to Mama
5.) What’s your favorite kitchen utensil/gadget?
6.) What was the last vacation you took?
The last vacation I took was in 2011 to New York. I loved every bit of New York. I would live there in a heart beat or Washington D.C.
7.) What’s the best book you’ve read in the past year?
Les Miserables-Victor Hugo.
8.) What is your favorite beauty product? Share your secrets!
Shiseido Base Concealer. I have bad dark circles.
Stilla Eyeliner in Purple Tang
9.) What is your dream job?
To be a Foreign Service Officer for France or the Secretary of State.
10.) If you could have one magical power, what would it be?
11.) Quick – what are the three most important things in your life? List them off without thinking!
School, Half Marathon, Being Healthy.
Now I have some questions for you!
What are your music artists? What is your favorite form of exercise?