So I ran a half marathon last Saturday whats next?
I want to run the Chi Town Half Marathon on March 24th 2013
I am following the same plan that I did for my first half marathon except I skipped the first 5 weeks. Here is what my training will look like for the next 6 or so weeks
I want to shave off at least 5-10 minutes off of my half marathon time. 2:29:05
Here are some things that I want to improve on for the next half marathon and my training plan:
- Follow the training plan to a T. Last time I would switch stuff around and wouldn’t be able to complete every run that I did. I think this hurt me in the race because I walked a lot.
- Dont focus on my pace for long runs on Sunday.
- Find a form of cross training that I enjoy. I didn’t take advantage of cross training as much as I would have liked too. I am going to start taking spinning classes at my schools gym. I liked spinning classes in the past. I also will start swimming more.
- Treat Tuesday’s and Thursday’s runs as speed work. I really enjoyed running faster for those distances and I think if I continue to do some type of speed work it will help my endurance in the next half marathon
- Stretch stretch stretch!
- No more walking! haha. No for real. I did a lot of walking at the last half marathon. Every time that I felt I couldn’t run anymore I would walk. It made the time go by so much slower. I think I would have had a faster time if I didn’t walk so much! However, if I start feeling pain in my left IT band then I will slow my pace down.
There are so many more things that I can improve on but for now these are the main aspects that I want to focus on.
What are some areas in your everyday life that you think need some improvement on? It is not to be a rude question just out of curiosity!